At Saba Road Dental Center in Richmond, our dentists understand that learning to eat while wearing your new dentures is going to take some time and some practice. Here are a few soft-food suggestions from our dentists, to help you out as you get started.
Meal Planning Suggestions For People with New Dentures
Following your extraction, and when you first get your new dentures, you will need to stick to a diet of liquids and soft foods.
Before your denture process begins, our dentists recommend that you stock your fridge with soft-foods that you enjoy eating, and prepare a few meals, so that you have appetizing food on-hand whenever you don't feel like cooking.
There are countless combinations of soft-foods that can be used to make delicious and nutritious meals such as noodles and tofu, macaroni and cheese, red lentil dal and rice, or soups and stews. The combinations are endless!
Here are a few soft food suggestions to use as ingredients or ready to eat meal and snack options:
- Regular or baked beans
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Noodles and pasta
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Ripe avocados
- Low sodium vegetable juice
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
Sweet Foods & Treats
- Pancakes & Crepes
- Fruit juice
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Frozen Coffee Beverages
- Apple Sauce
- Ice cream and custard (when you're in the mood for a treat)
- Cookies dipped in tea, coffee, or milk to soften